Oct 30, 2007

Creating a Life for One



"If you want to work on your art, work on your life."
Chekhov
I think part of the reason I married and divorced so young was that I just wanted someone to pick me up and carry me. Carry my weight and share a life. But it fell apart and I was left with just me to worry with. Only I didn't take the time to take care of me. I jumped straight into a relationship and started planning my life as another boy's other half. When that fell apart I found myself entwined with another boy and his life, including his son. My last relationship that just ended was the first time while dating someone that I really had to face myself. Even then, I would take every chance I had to think about his needs and wants, putting mine to the side. Of course, this kind of giving until I have nothing left to give was not healthy for either of us. My jumping from boy to boy trying to find myself and create a life only left me more alone than ever. I didn't feel like I even knew myself enough to trust what I was feeling or to stand up for myself.
I feel like sometimes I never take a minute alone to take care of my body by making a fresh meal or doing my nails. I don't take enough time to fill my mind, unload my heart, or unleash my creativity. This for me, leads to consumption and overspending. I don't take the time to fill up the inside so I try to fill that gap with things that only do the trick for a short time.

So, this weekend I move. Tomorrow I get the keys to my very own place and Friday my mom comes up to help me get settled.
I am going to establish my own roots, create a sacred place to rest my soul. Light candles, play beautiful music, burn incense, create art, dress up in my clothes, take long baths...


I am going to explore the streets around where I live.

I am going to take it all in so I can let it all out onto the canvas.







4 comments:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

congratulations woman...
on your beautiful journey...
blessed be the awakening you and your new sacred home for self.

Stacy said...

sounds beautiful honey, what an amazing journey of self discovery you are embarking on. enjoy and soak it all in. xoxo

Melissa said...

Your so brave to write what's in your heart for all to see..it's a beautiful thing. I read about you seeing Fairies(my mom does too)..I know a really great place you need to check out..remind me to tell you.
Have a great weekend!

Cayden said...

I love that last line ~ so true when we stop to take in all that is around us we can give so much back.

miss you.