Feb 5, 2007

Getting Unstuck

This is my first post, ever. I have been journaling my entire life, collaging bits and pieces of my life together in art journals. But after silently reading the blog's of so many inspirational.amazing.wonderful women I felt inspired to put myself out there. Out here, into this blogging world. It's funny, because it feels too late or like everything I want to say has been said, so why do it? Then I tell my inner critic to hush and I take baby steps to overcome the fear.

I want so badly in this new year to attract my life's work, follow through with it...live it. I feel like I get to this point with anything I love to do and the fear sets in. Fear of failing or fear of success, which one it is, I am not quite sure. My best friend sent me a copy of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and we are about to embark on the journey together. The journey of getting unstuck in our creativity.

Lately I have been jumping around from job to job, thinking each one is going to be "IT". Discovering that nothing in any want-ad caters to my heart's desire to live the life I am intended to live. This is the beginning of me digging deep, opening up, and learning to trust myself.


4 comments:

Cayden said...

i am smiling ear to ear, if that is possible, hahaha. you are so wonderful and i am lovin' your inspiration posts already. And by the way, the email i wrote about my restaurant- same name as the link you used for me on your page. Means something- i'm sure. And I feel all your words - and believe you will create your dreams.love ledlam:)

Stacy said...

Sounds like we walk a similar path my dear. I am also trying to unstick myself through the artist's way. Looking forward to reading more.

daisies said...

me too ... the artist's way and unsticking myself : )

Scarlett said...

SEE ?? THIS is what is SO COOL about this blogging thing! It connects us, sure, someone else may have said something that you would say - this happens to me too, almost every day!!! I find these parallel lines with many wonderful women out there! it allows us to support each other and just shows you how we are all connected. i think it's great, and i love adding you to my list of darling gals i want to keep up with, be inspired by, and cheer on when they are having a hard time!

I met a really awesome gal on a blog almost 2 years ago! We were silenty reading each other's blogs, then one day! We made comments...She's from france and she and her beautiful daughter came to visit me last summer! it was so fabulous!! we feel like we have known each other forEVER and we are now lifelong sister friends, and so, there you go! Happy little blogging story. It's good for you! :)