Apr 11, 2007

Can't Help But Create



I have been feeling so introspective lately. I feel a disconnect from the computer world, my normal emails, blog reading...

When I am working at something that does not utilize my creative parts I feel like I just withdraw. When I was in Ashville, this fabulous artist who has his own shop asks me what I do, am I an artist too? I mumbled and fumbled over my words, what do I label myself as? He says to me, "well, if you can't help but create, you are an artist."

How true those words are...If I am not creating art with my hands, getting messy, feeling myself really let go with an idea...then I feel stuck. So, I can't help but create because all the bits of my heart tell me that's the way to happiness.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You are an artist, my dear.