Apr 21, 2007

Having Faith In Myself



It's hard for me sometimes to not to want to try and control everything that happens in my life. To want to orchestrate the flow of the days down to the tiniest detail. And I know, this is not the type of environment my creative energy thrives in. I feel like I should take this wonderful advice and "follow the fun". Since this is something that keeps resurfacing and is something I want to be able to change in myself, I am taking small steps. The other night I actually caught myself thinking, what do I need or want right now? Not what needs to get done. But what do I want right now...

What I needed was to sit and work with some fun clay, just to exercise my mind and use my hands. So, stepping over the laundry and overlooking the to-do lists, I sat and did what I wanted. And it felt so good.

1 comment:

Cayden said...

So wonderful to take the time to just be your creative self, and not worry about the rest. You sound so happy talking over clay cupcakes and hearts! I can't wait to see them and you.