Feb 8, 2008

WoRk AnD PlAy


The "easy way" is rarely the glamorous way, Amanda. Tallyho, ho, ho -

The Universe

So you mean to tell me that everything i want is not going to come knocking down my door?

doom.

it's just that sometimes...

the things that feel easy in my life. the things that flow smoothly, are what feel right. not the things that take so much work.

the dreaming up and planning of my move to asheville seemed effortless. but i guess all the work i had to put in to make those dreams come into fruition didn't seem like such hard work. because the end result is me living in a place i am falling more in love with everyday.

i have put my intention out to the universe that i want my boutique. i want to be able to fufill my dream of owning a shop where everything is beautiful.unique.preferably made by people i have met.with a dj booth.and mimosa parties.

the list goes on...

but then there's this whole other real side of things. and sometimes the left side of my brain does not want to put in the hours. it wants to sit back and wait. wait for the loan for the boutique to magically drop into my hands. for the business plan to be verbal and heard by someone who not only shares my vision, but wants a silent part in it all.

i am in this place between having this vision, my dream, and it drives me, fuels my desire for my future. keeps me up in bed at night with ideas and has me chatting to everyone i know about what a grand life it will be. not that life is not grand now. i am not waiting to love life. i should though, take this time being poor and struggling to dive inside myself. get started. take baby steps. do the work. and because it's truly something i love, even the parts that are not fun, will not seem so daunting. when i remember they are fueling my dream.



Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas A. Edison

4 comments:

Cayden said...

I LoVe you art:)

You will open this boutique and it will be full of love and creation. It makes me excited to think of you fulfilling this dream.

You will, you will...

Kate UF said...

Amanda, my dearest friend told me recently, I know you don't like to plan, but you're doing it. WOW. I've never been a planner, i just set a goal, never gave up and somehow got there...but, wasn't there some planning involved? Surely it involved planning but since i've become aware of how to slowly set a plan into action in my own planning-not-like-planner-people-but-still-planning-concrete-plans....i remind myself that I can only get there if i make it all manageable and real...why didn't someone teach me how to plan like other planner people in kindergarten?! ayayayayayay oh well...who cares...

We make plans and because we're determined, we get there, right?!

i like your plans...what's more...I believe you'll achieve them.
besos
viva Toronto

Melissa said...

Beautiful writing..do you know the book.."Ask and It Is Given"? Could help you manifest your dream shop(which I would absolutley frequent!)....
Love, Mel

mccabe said...

continue to dream...
it is beautiful thing.
:)

with love
mccabe x