Oct 28, 2008

thank you.

when my dad took his life
you didn't run

in fact, you asked me for a commitment deeper
than the one we already had

and i said yes,
not fully realizing all the work i had to do

all the sadness
all the anger

oh the anger!
at all of the rest of the world and the fast pace
in which they moved on
kept going
without me

but you
you have stayed by my side
and held me night after night
tears streaming
down my face

thank you
a thousand times over
for being the keeper of my secrets
a tower of strength
the most sensitive, soulful, appreciative man

i'm a better woman
for having met you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet. i am happy for this in your life.

lvoe
c

Melissa said...

The best costumes ever...love them!
And...so happy you get to go your retreat...a transformational time that will change your life.
Love, Mel