Feb 7, 2007

Creative Power

Today I read this quote in The Artist's Way

Why should we all use our creative power...? Because there is nothing that makes people so generous, joyful, lively, bold and compassionate, so indifferent to fighting and the accumulation of objects and money.
Branda Ueland

It really struck me because it seems true that when you are really following your dream, living your life's work, it is God that is working through you. I truly believe that we are good at certain things because they are our gifts. And to not live our dream, to not create the life we are made for is to not truly live.

I am guilty in letting my love of nice things lead me in pursuit of only money...thinking that if I just get a certain dress or one more top I feel satisfied. I always end up feeling empty. Which is why this time around I am going to follow my heart, live my fullest creative life, and let the rest fall into place.



No comments: