Mar 26, 2007

Seeing Green


I have been reading The Wealthy Spirit by Chellie Campell, trying to follow her advice of doing daily affirmations for financial stress reduction. This quote today struck me as something I tend to do...
'How many joys are crushed under foot because people look up at the sky and disregard what is at their feet?'
Goethe
I am so guilty of always day dreaming of another life, instead of full fledged digging in to the one I have. So, in practicing these affirmations I have so far received four random checks I was not expecting!!! One from my boyfriend's insurance company, some type of refund (yea!!). Another from a restaurant I worked at over a year ago, the check had the word bonus on it! Another two this morning that are small, but refunds for something I can't quite figure out what for yet :D
In her book ,Chellie talks a lot about people who are showered daily with wonderful things, but they don't want to acknowledge them. I have chosen to repeat daily these affirmations, even when I feel so weighed down by bills. And in this process I am finding that every day is filled with wonderful surprises.
Oh...and that VERY green bathroom is one of the rooms we painted this weekend. I actually get a headache upon entering every time..anyone know of any suggestions to soften the finish other than repainting???

2 comments:

Cayden said...

These colors have always been in your house in your mind... and now they are real, to touch. I can't wait to see for myself. So you...

love,

C

daisies said...

from the picture that almost looks like the same colour i did my living room, i used a finish that changes the colour with the light and it looks amazing but it is a much larger space than a bathroom ...

if you are finding it too much, you could add some really large framed artwork in more neutral colours to offset the colour ... i think it looks really funky and kinda cool though :)