May 14, 2007

Open to New Possibilities



These are from a collage on this alter I started a year ago and finally feel ready to finish...Seeing how the pictures don't do it much justice, I am going to start really concentrating on getting a great camera like a lot of you lovely bloggers have....

I think that, finally, after a long time of going back and forth, questioning myself, wondering if my heart and mind would ever agree, things are coming to an end. This will leave me again, on a new path. Starting fresh. A new me. Or rather, the old me, just with a fresh new perspective on self-love and never being dependent on another's judgement of who I am. Because I make mistakes, I fall, but I want to learn from them. I want to grow. And I want to love the person I am in the moment, whether another loves me or not.

Being that my birthday is in 2 days, I am still trying to remember to treat myself for this M.O.M (month of me!). I have taken time to sew with my mom, my first time ever...and a very messy experience. The sewing machine was not being nice to my fingers. But, it was fun and relaxing. I have been going to the gym and doing long workouts where I can feel my body stretching, growing stronger. This weekend I plan on taking time to stroll old junk stores for papers and scraps to collage with. Hopefully with my new freedom, I'll actually take the time to travel myself and be able to bring back treasures to use in my work. I am going to buy myself a new CD and browse the bookstore for a yummy new book to read. (any wonderful books out there that any of you have read??)

4 comments:

Cayden said...

your art is so refreshing and vibrant. you sound good in this post when maybe you hadn't as much before. I am proud of you either way- for continuing to grow and see through the eyes of optimism.

Listen to your Heart.......David said...

My Invented Country by Isabel Allende (or any of her books she's written so many)
Gift from the Sea by Ann Morrow Lindbergh
Reason for Hope by Jane Goodall
The Watercolors of Carolyn Brady (out of print but worth finding!)
Happy Birthday:)

Listen to your Heart.......David said...

Sorry, I just saw this book on my kitchen table, A View with a Grain of Sand by Wislawa Szymborska....she is an amazing poet!

Unknown said...

i love this new piece of art!!! take your heart on golden wings and fly ,fly fly............ i will be glad when u have another camera too!!!!