Jun 18, 2007

Life Questions

Tonight is my last session of primordial sound meditation. In the last session we started the meditation with three questions that you ask and just release to the universe. "Who am I?", "What is my purpose in life?" and "What do I want?". My teacher suggests putting the questions out there and releasing them, instead of intellectualizing over them all the time. I have been practicing on my own this last week and I can feel my body, my mind resisting the quiet. I feel my heart race when thoughts flood in about things I need to accomplish and I open one eye to see how long it's been. Most times only about 5 or 10 minutes have actually passed. It's not like my world will crash if I let it pass me by for thirty minutes. I know this, but it's getting my body to agree with me that has been a struggle. I am going to talk to my teacher tonight about my progress and keep pushing forward, trying to be silent and still. It's such a hard pattern to break when we do most of our filling up with outside things. I just know that learning to listen, to God, to myself, to my intuition will strengthen my sense of self and I'll be able to make more sound decisions.

3 comments:

Cayden said...

so true to listen to your inner being, there lies so much truth to the three questions you mentioned.i am learning to do more of this as well. love to you.

Scarlett said...

that's great that you are doing this! i took some meditation classes a few years back and it was like that for me too, then i sadly, got out of the practice...i find that when i do take the time to do it, it really really helps to keep me more centered during the days when there are so many challenges around me!! i'm trying now to get back to regular mediations. good for you, keep it up, you're doing fine. great questions you're asking. that's kind of where i am right now too!

hugs, best wishes xo

Scarlett said...

haha, i just went back and re-read what i wrote. i misspelled meditations and wrote "mediations" . hahah. mediations are good too! ;)