Jul 30, 2007

The Light In Truth Is Beautiful...


So many new thoughts swirling in my head...So many new people have come into my life and I look around and have this deep love for everyone in my life. I feel this energy in my heart and soul that is bursting and ready to be put down on paper. At one point this weekend in Asheville I randomly took out all my pens, glitter and all, and just started to draw what was in my heart. I felt like I could not put down my pen. Hearts and swirls covered the page and before long I had made the invitation that I am going to use for my parent's New Years Eve party. I spent a lot of time this weekend feeling so grateful for my mom and dad. They have encouraged my artist's heart and are always there to catch me when I fall. I feel like that safety net has been amazing and I am so thankful. It seems like now I am coming to this point in my life where I have to just trust myself and do what feels right to me. Whether I fall or not. I remember my mom telling me that she never cared what anyone thought. She loved my father (he was only 21 and she was 25 when they married) regardless and she followed her heart. And they have this deep love for one another that has continued through so much growth and change over 32 years... I feel like my worries about what others might think, feel, or say about my path is okay but it does not necessarily have to impact my decisions. As I continue to simplify and share my love of life, I feel like things are falling into place with the least amount of effort.


And it feels soooooooooo good.

3 comments:

Cayden said...

You sound soooooooo good too!

Love and stars to you!!!

Stacy said...

you sound so happy and free, like a bird who has just discovered her wings. love you sweets. xoxo

kelly barton art + design said...

oh...what an upbeat post. i love this one. you can't help but smile.