Jul 3, 2007

Releasing Attachment to the Outcome...



pretty little sunflower

your truth is a whisper

germinating in my belly

waiting to sprout its roots

deep into the pursuit of bliss

pretty little sunflower

your touch still fresh on my skin

waiting with all the patience of a child

in front of a cookie jar

sprout pretty little sunflower

grow deep in me

let your roots draw the water from my cells

till you can't tell the difference

then pretty little sunflower

when you bloom

bloom from my mouth

so that my oxygen is your oxygen

what i take in is what you put out

and when
pretty little sunflower

the sunlight that i take in

is the sunlight that you produce

there will be no need

for the distinction of you and I
by: william matthew hall *love*

5 comments:

Cayden said...

**sigh**

sara said...

it's too early for me to be crying 'mander. lots of hugs and kisses your way today. :)

Scarlett said...

hehehe, yeah, you're tear jerkin' here! heheh. very nice. mmmm i adore sunflowers....

hugs to you!

xoxo

ps what else is goin' on? you makin' pretty stuff?

Anonymous said...

what a lovely poem and photo

Anonymous said...

i love the picture and what you wrote.

i feel very connected to sunflowers too...when i run to the healing gardens (its about 2 miles from my house) there are a couple of yards with sunflowers....so freaking big and strong. i always smile when i pass them.

i got a big bunch day at the market~
they have a lovely orange tint and light up the entire cottage....

xx
mccabe