Sep 11, 2007

Emerging Stronger

Am I safer in the role of the little girl who can't do it herself?
Is it easier for me to just play up my silly side?
Why don't I feel like I will be as liked or accepted if I am shining too much?
And isn't it really about being our best self, not worrying about comparisons?


I know that part of this change that I am going through is about learning to do things on my own.
Things that seem simple to most people I am sure.
I am learning that portraying my strong side is not such a turn off.
Sometimes I just feel like this walking contradiction.
A girl, who wants to do so much..
but who is so scared to venture out of her comfort zone.
A girl, with such strong opinions...
but who is easily influenced by how other's feel.

A girl who wants to blog about these amazing feats she is accomplishing.
Goals that are being met.
Collages and cards that are getting finishing touches put on them.
Books that are being read.
Tickets to Italy being purchased.
Raw food diets beginning.

And I will, it's just in this time I feel like a girl who is preparing herself from the inside out to be ready to face all the changes coming my way...

4 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

say it! tell us! i am listening and cheering you on.

i am constantly smacked in the face with reality, that we all question and worry and grow, yet we always seem to feel that we are the only ones!

kelly barton art + design said...

oops...one more thing. i had to change my blog address back to blogspot. too many server issues.
my blog address is
www.campindigo.blogspot.com.

thanks!

Cayden said...

Such strength to continue to recognize yourself and grow- "emerge". I can't wait to see your collages and cards - I know they must be amazing. love~C

Anonymous said...

how perfectly you said this...your words falling in just the right spaces....conveying the duality we all live with.