Jan 23, 2008

When I Forget


oh. i forgot
i forgot that i am love
deep in my belly
and that place in my heart is so filled up

and i took a comment
from a girl i don't even know
saying i sucked
and i believed it

actually took it to heart
my ego was so bruised
(i know... how little girl of me does that sound?)

but honestly, we all just want love
we crave it
we need it
and i forgot the source of it all

is within me

but when i was able to express my insecurities to this sweet new friend above (with the help of such a great love of mine. SUCH A GREAT LOVE)
and feel her hug and hear her words
about how truly wonderful she thinks i am

i remembered that we don't have to do it alone
we don't have to feel afraid to share our fears
and express them
to the people who love us regardless
and even to the new people
who are just beginning to love us

when a person's heart is filled up with so much love
they shine
naturally
and beautifully


i am not mad at myself for forgetting
only happy i remembered

2 comments:

kat said...

great post with truer words never spoken. and the last two lines make me so happy.

Cayden said...

These words make me happy too.
Your love is deep and wide.
Always has been and I am thankful for you.