Oct 2, 2008

remembering to play


ludovica needs no reminders to play


serendipity
doors opening
events falling into place

i know these things happen
and i believe in them
when i catch a glimpse of them
at work in my own life
sometimes i am in awe
so i started the class

he would have wanted me to
and even in these uncertain economic times
i still believe
beauty saves
beauty heals

and it's all beautiful.

i sat next to a girl. a woman. a kindred i could tell.
maloo
she is an expressive arts therapist
differing from an art therapist, which she explained, is classically trained
in their medium and uses that medium with their patient
the art work, the final outcome
being the main focus
critiqued almost in terms of where you are at emotionally.

expressive art therapy is about play.
re-learning how to play after such a deeply painful loss
her business card states:
'even in the most difficult circumstances, we bloom'

how true.

3 comments:

Enrico Natalizio said...

uhm... for what i remember ludovica was a very good pupil of a very great teacher in playing and creating!

Kate UF said...

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I remember IĆ¢€™ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I,ll often stop and think about them
In my life I,ll love you more

In my life I,ll love you more

Melissa said...

I've surely missed a lot so let me post comments on the last few here.

First..it's so sweet to see your dad and tears came up for you. I know your pain and it WILL get better.
Second..William is a wise one! I could take some pages out of his book.
Third..I know all too well you can't rush healing or brush it aside..just let it flow as it will and love yourself through the process.
Love, Mel