Oct 1, 2008

I'm allowed

i've loved you more


I just got this email from my auntie.

Amanda, you are allowed to mourn your daddy for as long as it takes to be free.

Love you baby!


and guess what?
i'm going to take that sentence
as my hall pass
and allow myself
to feel sad today

6 months
today.

last night i drew angel wings and hot air balloons
all around your name
i pictured you free
high above
i lit a candle just for you
and i sat a picture of us
right beside it
your hair a huge red afro
my mouth open as wide as it can be
screaming with delight
a baby in your arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he was so special..will always be.
love and light surround you.
always give yourself time..he was so much to you.

love c

Anonymous said...

big hugs from across the universe..... VERY BIG COMFY COZY HUGS....NURTURING TO YOUR TOES HUGS