Dec 6, 2008

life on the edge

"Live always at the edge of mystery--the boundary of the unknown."
J. Robert Oppenheimer

i read this quote in Keri Smith's new interview (which is AMAZING!). I find it appropriate to how i feel right now.

i've never been quite comfortable at the edge of the unknown. i'm pretty sure the universe loves for me to remain here though...all in the hopes that my heart will ring louder and truer than my fears.

it's not always easy.
to not know.
i'd like a little list each day with who.what.when.where and how.
please and thank you.
even though i find that when i don't know
and it's not planned
i enjoy it more.
but my brain is hard to convince
and my heart is slow to heal.
and plans can mask all the fears of what to do with my down time
how to fill my life
with what i love
for me.

so i'm really trying to remain open to all possibilities.
ready to receive what the universe has in store.
remaining at the edge of uncertainty.
even if my footing isn't always steady and sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie - remember "your challenging relationships are your greatest teachers.[Lorelei says this." It seems so true and you are amazing. I love u.

Anonymous said...

yes to possibility. can't wait to see you again. in this time, i wish you could hear your words like i do- resonate and deep. love you.


c

Melissa said...

i agree with anonymous..your biggest teachers for sure are the most trying and everyday i see you learning new things about yourself. keep learning and listening. savor the quiet moments when the messages are louder.
love to you, mel