Jul 25, 2010

Free from space and time

the view from our porch

meditating at transformus

Transformus is our regional burn here outside of Asheville, NC. It was a life-changing experience, full of glorious displays of self-expression. Without vendors or corporate sponsors, people's heart chakras were fully open, ready to give and receive. Sharing, communing, enjoying the beauty of Deerfields we danced the days away and really soaked up some amazing energy.

Upon our return we got word from William's Dad that his grandfather has fallen ill. Cancer it seems will take his life in a few months. We were so blessed to have his 85 year old grandfather and his girlfriend make the journey from Arkansas to Asheville (a road trip!!) to visit with us just last month. We realized then as never before what kindred spirits we are. He's a soul man. A man who knows the value of love and I feel so very honored to have him in my life. We are going to be going to William's home to soak up some more love soon, but until then I wanted to leave you with the email his grandfather sent. I think it is truly beautiful the way he has honored his life and is planning his departure much in that same way.

Please spread the word, Joe Hall, the old doctor, is going on a long trip.

I have been planning this trip for a long time--soon to be 85 years. I still don't know my date of departure; however, I think it playfully remains one of the surprises of the venture. I expect the trip to happen a few weeks to a few months from now.

You, my e-mail buddies, have been a major fun-filled source of Wisdom, Beauty, Peace and Joy for many years. Please continue to write me… I love it and I need it.

I am planning and building a beautiful death which will get rid of the worn out old body. Pain, dysfunction, fatigue and disease will no longer be present. Death is the final healing of all disease.

No longer will I be confined by time or space. Instant travel will be available 24/7. Although I cannot get my mind around this, I am told I will be able to be in all places at all times sharing perfect love with every one and every thing.

I have recently been told by several very competent and concerned doctors that I have cancer of the colon with wide spread metastases which can not be cured.

Please pray that I may feel and share the spirit of perfect love as God wishes me to.

Until we meet again Peace and Joy Joe B Hall the old doctor

2 comments:

Cayden said...

Everytime I read this I have to turn away for a minute-it catches my breath-yet when I return I feel such peace. It amazes and inspires me that he will take a journey to come to the end of another.

My heart skips when I think of it...Thank you for sharing-it has been helping me move through some sad, bittersweet, emotions about the change taking place on my family from losing our grandmothers. Anyway-I find it so lovely he came into your life and that you were able to meet and know a man like him. Sending you lots of love to you and Villiam and his family.

PPPPPPSSSSSS- I will always remember the love your grandmother had for my shoes-haha-I just love that story.

Anonymous said...

Oh my..such openness, wisdom and love. Ben has taught me that death isn't something to be sad about and to understand on a deeper level the beauty in it. I wish for Williams G-pa to have nothing but pure loved filled days at the end of his journey.