Feb 12, 2007

My Inspiration


These amazing colorful hearts are the work of Fran Welch. She has been the biggest creative inspiration in my life...Beginning in elementary school my mom would take me to week long workshops that Fran held at her studio. The studio was like a cottage, filled with blocks of clay, every color paint and glaze you can imagine, fairies, hearts... Outside peacocks and llamas roamed around. A little girl's dream world.
I used to love her work so much that instead of creating my own pieces at the classes, I would copy hers. I became so good at it, that she hired me to assist her in reproducing the clay angels, fairies, hearts and cottages.
While getting through chapter one in the Artist's Way it has you break down your influences in 5 year increments throughout your life. She has been in every stage, always playing such a major role in my creativity. She never criticized the work, only complimented my creations. Tells me through emails now that we don't live in the same state, that I am sounding stronger now, amazing things will come my way. So when I need a safe refuge from the negative voices in my head or from the criticisms of people who are afraid to live their own creative life, I always go to her.
These darling hearts will be up on her website soon and if anyone wants details I will be more than happy to put you in touch with her!

No comments: