Feb 10, 2007

Popcorn and Red Wine

Tonight was much needed. A visit from a friend and her sweet almost 4 month old baby. Then another visit from my best friend to sit down and plan our meetings through this Artist's Way book...We ate yummy buttery popcorn and drank red wine, laughed over old journals, and shared our vision for our new company. (I know there's nothing on the site, but to just have the page reserved has me smiling:)

I am excited to embark upon this journey and knowing that I have others that are sharing the same feelings is so inspiring. The one thing that struck me the most tonight as I read from the book was the topic of fear of self-intimacy. Avoiding being with me. Avoiding doing things with myself. I am 27 years old and have never been to a movie alone, never eaten in a restaurant with myself as the only company I need to enjoy the meal....I am going to set these dates with myself and honor the time I spend with me. Maybe as I learn to love me, even the not so pretty parts of me, I will feel inspired to create in ways I never dreamed possible.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

oooh! I got such a good feeling about you and your friend embarking on your business venture! I already know you are going to be successful. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Sounds like a lovely evening you both had. My favorite thing to do is sneak away for an afternoon, snuggle into a theatre with some popcorn and get lost in a movie by myself.

Anonymous said...

I feel a little bit sorry to invade your privacy (blogs on blogspot seem a lot more private than on many other blog sites), but I can't leave this post without a comment.

As a passionate list maker and a person who enjoys going places alone, I assure you that a notepad and a pen can keep you great company in a restaurant. You can both have a good meal and make elaborate lists without no one distracting you)

Cayden said...

please visit me...again..i do not want to only post to myself..hahaha