Mar 20, 2007

Love

love. the highest rewarded and most desired.
makes even a lazy man crazy inspired. m.g.

Falling in love has been a consuming desire for me, for as long as I can remember. The desire to share the deepest parts with someone in the hopes that life will take on new meaning and happiness will prevail.

As I have gotten older, I realize that unless I am able to fully fall in love with myself, I will never experience true love. All the qualities I am searching for in someone else are really the things I want to bring out of myself.

I am practicing patience with myself. Using kindness and compassion to soothe myself when I digress. Digging deep into my patterns of seeking and needing love. Trying instead to be free to give and receive love without restrictions or expectations...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

you both are really cute in that picture.

i think love finds us when we least expect it, at least that was my experience with jimmy. the moment i realized and declared that i could live a full and happy life on my own, single and free, is when he showed up.

i also think that true love mirrors all of our best qualities, meaning when you find someone who recognizes all the beauty inside you, even when we don't see it, and brings out those best qualities, it's like looking into a mirror.

mad passionate attraction certainly helps too... {wink}

continued love on your journey,
xoxo